Hey, time to make some announcements.
Given recent events, it’s time to make some announcements.
- A number of large Chinese companies have come together and taken down much of the Chinese light novel translation sites. This potentially affects me in that I might not be able to translate any light novels outside of what I am already translating, since I will no longer be able to get raws easily.
- Sword Art Online light novel
- Tap has released Volume 16 Chapter 18, and since there’s only one other chapter in Volume 16, I’ve decided to drop Volume 16 and advise that you read Tap’s translation instead.
- However, I will most likely be working on Volume 17, which releases Summer 2016.
- Sword Art Online web novel
- Haven’t started on it yet.
- Kokoro Connect
- I managed to get the raws for the rest of this series and will hopefully be completing the entire thing.
- On Volume 5, I hope to have it done before the end of January.
- Urasome Tenba
- I managed to get the raws and still might do this as a little side project.
- Accel World
- We hope to release Volume 6 on BurstLinkers a few days after Christmas.
As always, thanks for your support!
Hello, hello, hello, readers! Hope you’ve all been well.
Defan here, and I’m hereby announcing my return to normal-speed translation after a long, uneventful wait, with a new thirst for content delivery! You can expect more constant (and likely faster) releases now, and here’s what I plan to do during the summer:
From today on I will be entering a state of translation stasis due to an upcoming surge in RL business. This will take up most of May and possibly extend to June, the duration of which I will be unable to release almost anything.
To the Kokoro Connect readers: Please do not be disheartened. That project has become my full focus and I will expect to have occasional tidbits of free time to work on it. I fully intend to complete it and have no intentions of dropping it.
Otherwise, I’ll see you all on the other side. Defan out.
Hello all. This is a brief update on a change in the site structure.
I’ve revamped how translations will be posted on this site. From now on, I will no longer post chapters or translations in individual posts; all translations will now be held in their individual pages, with one volume per page. All volumes will be gathered onto the page of their respective series. You can navigate the pages by accessing the menu above.
When I update the translations on their pages, I will make a post and link to the updated translation, starting right where it last left off. I believe that this will be a better method of organization compared to just grouping posts together, and hopefully make my lackluster translations more readable.
I am done with my studies (for the moment)! I’ll be giving a few updates on translations, the site, and announcing the lucky people who will most likely be editors:
Edit: Made the deadline sooner. The previous one would delay releases too much.
Are you apt at English grammar? Do you have Japanese knowledge? Do you want faster releases?!?
If you answered “yes” to any of the above, then editing might be for you!
Going to update some stuff to eliminate any confusion.
Since I have picked up Sword Art Online for a translation, this site has undergone somewhat of a small explosion in popularity, along with many comments about the quality of the work I do. I want to take this opportunity to suggest some ideas I have on this topic.
Without sugarcoating it: Chapter 16 of SAO Volume 15 will be delayed, by up to a week.
Unfortunately, my computer chose this particular time to die, and it now must be sent in for repairs. I am not sure of the potential time it would take, so I’m putting it as a week. I do have another machine I can translate on, but it will be considerably slower.
Sorry, SAO fans. This just happens.